Hello world. Now that I have so much free time, I thought I'd update my blog. I am discovering the joys of being a college student. I couldn't sleep so I got up at 3:30, finished a novel I was reading (St. Maybe by Anne Tyler), then decided to surf the web. I checked the headlines from the New York Times and discovered that today is a slow news day.
I'm coming to the realization that I don't have to do the same old boring routine everyday. I could just take off today and never come back. I don't have to have oatmeal for breakfast every day. I could have a bagel, or toast, or nothing. I could start drinking coffee. I don't have to go to Spanish class and hand in mi tarea.
People are so absurd. Sacred and ridiculous at the same time. What I do seems so damn important to me, but the reality is that it's all been done. There's some French saying "The more things change the more they stay the same." So I'm not the only person to ever hassle with life's travails. The human experience- we're all connected- in the circle of life.
It's my life and I'll do what I want.
God, I sound so trite.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home