Friday, November 19, 2004

Hey everyone it's Friday. I had a stomachache, likely brought on by the brownie sundae I had for dessert at Jaxon's. It was so good. It was almost worth the pain afterwards.

I went to this workshop today with a bunch of freshmen. Was I ever really a freshman? They seemed so innocent. It made me feel old. I've been in college for five years. I'm a long way from being 18. It's strange.

So my program still doesn't work and I've been working on it for a while, even on a Friday night. What better thing do I have to do? I'm not having much success, I might just redo the whole thing or something.

What else can I say? Dad said to me today that he read an article that this is the best hiring season in years for recent college grads, and somehow I don't care. I do care a little, but what does that mean to me? Do those national statistics trickle down to El Paso, where there are about 2 IT jobs listed in the entire Sunday classifieds? Anyway, I know he was just trying to make conversation, but I wasn't up for it. Whenever I go out with my sisters and my dad I never seem to get a piece of the conversation. My sister's life is so intriguing, and mine, well mine is just so boring my dad seems to forget to ask about it half the time.

Enough of the rant. I'm stressed, can you tell? I'm so stressed about my grades. I shouldn't worry so much, I've always passed before. Even if I get two C's I could just end up re-taking one class. I tell myself all this over and over, I think how if I fail that my whole life will be ruined, I'll never get a job, I'll end up working at Wal-Mart and living at home for years until I finally decide to get my act together.

Anyway I will stop writing this bitter rant against the world. Good night, all, enjoy your Friday night, wherever you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home