So I wrote one of the bitterest things I've written in a long time to post here, then thought better of it. Like how much of a misanthrope I am and how evil people are, but then I thought about my parents and how they are such good people and my dad fixing my car for me and my mom making dinner for me and I was like, what do I have to complain about? People aren't all bad, if I think that then I'm ignoring reality.
I'm tired, I've been used to getting home a little earlier the past couple of weeks and today I had to stay later. I hate driving home tired. Damn traffic, all I want to do is get home and rest.
I'm probably going to check out a job fair tomorrow. We'll see what it's about. I need to decide whether I'm serious about getting another job. Am I? I don't know. Is it that I don't want a programming job or is it that I just don't like the idea of working, period? How do I gloss over the fact that I did pretty much nothing in grad school, that I just used it as an excuse to not have to work at a "real" job? That I'm not a self-starter, not looking to change the world, that I just want a regular old boring job where people tell me what to do and I do it? At least for now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home