Wednesday, September 25, 2002

Interesting day. Could not figure out my CS project, something having to do with anonymous functions, I am having trouble figuring it out. Then off to my creative writing class. That class is worth the money just for the entertainment value. The professor is so strange, a true artist type. He started banging down the door because it wouldn't close, and this woman in the hall started complaining about it. He started class with a long speech about attendance issues, then he got really angry when he saw a student tape-recording him. The student proceeded to tell the professor off, picked up his things, and left. All of what he said was true, of course, everyone in the class was thinking it, but no one really wanted to say it to his face. Then the professor went into a calm discourse on the most organized professors in the creative writing department, and how he (obviously) isn't one of them. Then more crap about the "final project" we are doing, and more crap about these two stories we are reading which seem to have very few similarities. I don't recall having a more bizarre professor. I've had a few who are very disorganized, some who are young and inexperienced, but not quite like this. He has such weird habits- the gallon jug of water, which afore-mentioned student actually referred to in his rant, and his clothes are really odd. It's really his attitude that bothers me the most. He is so arrogant sometimes, like acting like he's so much smarter than us, which maybe he is but why go around flaunting it to make us feel stupid? He berates our university and talks down to us and is so disorganized and doesn't even really grade our work, yet he expects us to show up for his class and want to participate. This class is so far from what I imagined it would be, and what I really want it to be. I love to write, I want to learn how to write better, but this class is not helping much, except perhaps for fodder for future stories. "The Absent-Minded Professor" or "The Professor from Hell", "The Starving Artist Professor" are some titles that come to mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home