Sunday, January 05, 2003

I had a nice weekend. Unfortunately, the whole time I was thinking about how I'm going to have to go back to school in a week. There's a lot going through my head, and I just want to sort it out.
For one, I've realized that it means a lot for me to be independent from my parents. I hate feeling like I'm still a kid at this point in my life, and that's what I feel like when I spend time with my parents. So far, I've managed to be semi-financially-independent from them. A scholarship pays for tuition, and I've worked and saved enough to stay afloat at this student apartment. My parents do pay for books and tuition over the scholarship amount, car insurance and car repairs, as well as paying for things when I go out with them, i.e. to the movies or restaurants. I guess I'm not that independent from them- I take gifts from them all the time, and I don't feel guilty about it. But I hope that when I finally graduate that I will be able to cut the ties and be totally financially independent.
Another thing I've been thinking about is religion. I've had doubts about Christianity in the past, but doing some research into the subject, I'm putting those doubts to rest. I've just decided that even if I don't understand everything in the Bible or if it has been misinterpreted, it does not matter because the main message is clear, and I believe this to be true: Jesus Christ is the son of God who came to earth to die for the sins of the world. And I don't know about other religions, about how God will judge followers of other religions, but I've just decided that in my own life, putting my faith in Jesus is the only way for me to get to heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home