Sunday, July 25, 2004

I just spent two hours driving to every Peter Piper Pizza in east El Paso.  Instead of doing something smart like calling to ask my aunt for directions to the party, I had the bright idea of getting out the phone book and driving to the restaurant that looked closest to where they live.  Turns out that there are about five PPP's in the area, and we went to all five.  By the time we finally got to the right Peter Piper Pizza where my cousin's child was having his first birthday party, the cake had been cut, the presents had been opened, and my sister and I stood there looking hungry and tired.  Aren't we brilliant, two high-achieveing, college-educated young women, driving around looking for our relatives' cars in the parking lots of five different Peter Piper Pizzas?  "No, not this one, let's drive to the next one."  Four different times.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home