Friday, July 08, 2005

Sorry to write this way. Randomly. One day I will actually stick to one topic per post. I finished this book called Name All the Animals by Alison Smith. This book was a lot like some of the books I read as a kid, weepy coming-of-age stories like Bridge to Terabithia or A Solitary Blue. Except this book was also about lesbians, which would not have been appropriate in a kids' book. Anyway I suggest to any female to read this book.

I checked out two more books today: A History of God by Karen Armstrong and The Last Samurai by Helen deWitt. The former to satisfy my interest in religions, the latter because it was mentioned on bluishorange and I thought I'd give it a chance. I'm not a big fan of "literature", though, so we'll see how much of that book I get through. I really hate pretentious books that have no heart and a lot of literature is like that, or at least it was for me especially when I used to force myself to read books that I didn't want to read for the sake of "being literate". That said, I'm giving this book one chance, if I don't like it within ten pages it is gone.

My sister is getting her driver's license. This could be scary. At least I won't have to drive her everywhere anymore.

I'm watching I Love the '90s for the second time. This was my childhood. Am I the only person in America who actually liked Crystal Pepsi? When I was nine years old I begged my mom to buy it for me because I thought it was so cool. Then I was all sad when it got discontinued. How could people not enjoy Crystal Pepsi as much as I did? It's still a mystery to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home