So yesterday may go down in history as my worst birthday ever. I've never had the whole pretend to forget your birthday so I can throw you a surprise party the next day thing done to me, and this year probably wasn't the best one to do it in. I spent dinner on Friday wondering how my dad could forget my birthday, after a rainy and tension-filled day where all I wanted was cake and candles and presents and above all to feel special, and after dinner I couldn't hold back the tears of disappointment when I thought I wasn't going to get any of those things. The surprise was revealed. I felt horrible for being such a baby, and my dad felt horrible, too, of course. If I had been in a better mood to start off with this might have been funny, but I was so upset about feeling ignored on my true birthday that I cried for hours. Not fun.
Today was better, I attended the "surprise" party. All was forgiven as I blew out the candles on not one but two birthday cakes (one from Dad at the party, one from Mom at home) and opened my presents. So I guess it wasn't such a horrible birthday after all. Hopefully next year will be better. One thing I can be fairly certain of, I don't think anyone will ever try to throw me a surprise party again.

1 Comments:
at least it all sort of worked out in the end.
Post a Comment
<< Home