Thursday, May 12, 2005

About three times this week I've had some random person cross the street while I was driving. Like yesterday some guy just strolled across a really busy street, with a full view of oncoming traffic, and I had to slam on the brakes. This guy looked like he could be mentally ill. Then today some high school kid doesn't bother to wait for the light and starts running across the street as I'm about to turn right. Later that afternoon, another high school kid, this time on one of those cheap non-motorized scooters, turns left just as I'm about to go straight, totally freaking me out. Then I heard on the news that a man was run over by a semi-truck as he was trying to cross the Border Highway in the middle of the night. You'd think people would somehow know not to run across a busy street. It's a level below common sense even, it's primitive survival instinct. But no, now I have to worry about inadvertently killing people, as if I weren't scared enough about driving as it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home