Hey, wouldn't it be cool to post every hour, 24 hours a day? I heard about a blogathon like that for charity or something, but that was about a year ago. Even when I'm crunched for time I always want to write something deep and heart-wrenching for every blog post, when I should stick to the mundane because you can't always be deep, sometimes it's like what I had for lunch and how I slept last night. Actually, most of the time, but I try to extrapolate it into some deep thought when it is really brain farts.
I watched this TV movie based on the book Ice Bound. The book is really cool, if you haven't read it you should check it out, Ice Bound by Dr. Jerri Nielsen (I think that's how you spell her name). I've always wanted to try something like that, not get cancer, I mean live somewhere remote like the South Pole.
I always thought I'd be the adventurer in the family, but strangely enough, it is not me but my sister who is moving to Alaska, and my other sister wants to go to China. For a while I flirted with the idea of backpacking through Europe, but the practical side of me always wins out, I mean, the expense, the frivolity of it. A lot of my fears center around how would I tell my parents that I'm going to backpack by myself through Europe. It's something that rich kids do, kids who can afford it, not people like me.
I have this secret dream of writing the next On the Road. Travelogues are my favorite kinds of books. Blue Highways, Out of Africa, Peace Corps stories even. Truth is stranger than fiction.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home