Wednesday, June 11, 2003

It occurred to me today that I have not changed much since one year ago. I feel the same way, I'm still shy, probably even shyer than I was, if that is even possible. Everything is so tiresome for me- sitting through a meeting, doing homework, going to classes. I should talk to people, I kind of want to talk to them, but I usually don't. I don't feel like programming in Windows or reading papers. I don't feel like getting a job. I don't feel like cleaning the house. I do feel like sleeping and watching TV and using the computer all day. Everything else is such a hassle- writing an article for the newspaper, which takes some actual effort to get interviews and stuff. To finish my assignments I have to go to the computer lab, a huge hassle right there. It takes a surprising amount of effort to dig up a research paper, probably more than actually reading it. And getting a job requires getting an interview, then scheduling time for it, then getting to the job every day.
The novelty of these things has worn off. When I was 18, I was dying to get a job. I was excited to be working and earning money. And going to college was cool because it was new and the possibilities were wide open. Now it's kind of like, yeah, a job is cool, but you have to work a lot for not much money. School is OK, but to be good at it you have to want to be good at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home