Thursday, March 11, 2004

Alright, I'm just trying to make it to 4:30 tomorrow and then I will be the happiest person in the world. I blew off work today, just decided I wanted to sleep in until 10:30 and so I did. I did go to class, even studied for the quiz, but left immediately after.
I went to my account on this online dating site I signed up for, and I was really surprised that some guy had left me a message in December. I was really shocked, flattered, and if it weren't four months later then I might have actually signed up for the service and answered. But these online things are so weird sometimes, and I'm really inexperienced with it all, and by that I mean dating in general. I'm reading this book about how to catch a man in six weeks. It is really funny and I don't think it is meant to be taken literally- I was prepared to follow its advice to the letter if it would result in my meeting someone. But somehow I don't see myself hanging out at golf courses or rodeos just to meet a guy. The one piece of advice I will take away from the book is to not think about guys, or at least make it look like you don't. I didn't really notice how much I thought about guys until I consciously tried not to think about them. Before, every time I looked in the mirror I inevitably end up thinking, am I pretty enough that a member of the opposite sex would take notice? Why should I live like that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home