Sunday, March 28, 2004

It's Sunday night and I'm going into panic mode. I am going to have to go back to it all tomorrow, the classes, the job, the commute, blech. I mean, if I got everything I wanted I still wouldn't be happy.
I am reading a book called Unveiled: The Secret Life of Nuns. It is really interesting. There was a point in my life where I considered becoming a nun. I started living sort of like a nun, very simply, I didn't buy clothes or watch TV, I became even more introspective than usual.
I guess what surprises me most about the nuns is how happy they are. For the most part, the nuns I have read about are so full of life and purpose. They even look young in their pictures. It just shows that it is possible to find happiness outside the "standard" life, the life where you go crazy trying to find a life partner, go crazy getting and keeping a job, paying bills, then have a couple of kids that drive you crazy, etc., etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home