I wrote this message to myself a year and a day ago on futureme.org. Some names censored to protect the innocent.
(this message was composed on Mon, Mar 29, 2004)
Dear FutureMe,
Hey, what's up? If you're still around, I hope you are thinner and more motivated about life in general. Are you still in grad school? Are you still working less than 20 hours a week and living only for the time you can stop working and veg in front of the TV?
> Yup, still around. Yeah, I'm thinner and I'm more motivated. Still in grad school. Still working 20 hours a
> week, but not so obsessed with TV.
Cheer up, girl. You're going to be twenty-three. Damn, that is old. Right now I am 21. Remember being 21, remember going to the Circle K and buying a six-pack for the first time? Now you're pushing 25. It's a beautiful day. Today I saw a van going up in flames just like you would see in a movie. I didn't get any work done except to read a book about nuns. I went to my Theory of Operating Systems class and sat behind E-----, that cute guy. I am reading a paper to give a presentation on in Theory of Computation. My sister bought a prom dress. We got some sad news from my aunt. Is Bush still president in the future? I hope not.
> Sadly, Bush is still in the White House.
Do you still have that crappy $5 radio in your car? I hope not as well.
> I upgraded to a $10 radio that actually has good sound.
In the news: Richard Clarke rats on bush, Gillispie quits as UTEP coach and Doc Sadler is the new guy, terrorists bombed Spain a few weeks ago, and some other stuff. Are there still troops in Iraq? How is A------ doing in college? How about Mom? Is she retired yet?
> Still troops in Iraq. Looks like they'll be here for awhile. My sis is doing fine in college. Mom found another > job.
Enough for this e-mail. I hope you are well, futureme.
Love,
Annette
Wow, this was an exercise in absurdity. I can't believe I signed this message "Love, Annette". I was trying to be sarcastic, but instead I sound kind of creepy. The whole message is pretty random and really sour. I like to think I've gotten past the sourness in the last year.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home