Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I skipped class today. I was too tired, figured I had to come home and sleep otherwise I wouldn't make it through work tonight. I briefly considered going to the library and taking a nap on one of the upstairs sofas but decided against it. I actually did that once a couple years ago. I've also slept in my car before, but it was too hot to do that today, so I just came home and took a very satisfying nap.

So anyway I'm a little burnt out. I can't imagine working 8 or 9 hours every day. I'm this tired now, how is it going to be when I have a full-time job and don't have the option of leaving in the middle of the afternoon to take a nap? I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I'm stressed. Even when I'm not half-asleep like I was today, I wonder if I'm sleepwalking through life. I'm a very right-brained kind of person, very linear. I get set into routines and don't bother thinking about things. And, as usual, I am too self-absorbed, too focused on the inward and not enough on the outside. Lately I have been even flakier than usual. Think before you do, as my mom used to say, but sometimes I skip on the first part and and it turns out disastrous. I went to the copy center the other day and not only did I make copies of two pages I didn't need, I forgot to include the three most important pages. Where the heck is my brain? It's not like I was even in a rush, I was just doing things blindly and not even thinking about them. Like the pieces never came together in my mind. That really worries me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home