Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Randomly surfing blogs, I found this one with adorable puppy photos. I just love puppies.

I just talked to my sister on the telephone. I haven't heard her voice in a couple of months or so. She asked me about work and I said I was kind of bored with it. Yeah, I am. I admit to it.

It felt pretty good to come home and destress with a few hours of tube time. Lost and CSI:NY and a taped episode of The Amazing Race. Balm to my weary mind.

I watched the President's press conference yesterday morning. How did people elect this man to be our president? I think a president should at least be able to express ideas clearly and eloquently. I always end up laughing at some of the stuff said at his press conferences. His manner is so awkward and he seems so defensive like, why are these people interrogating me? They're the press, it's their job.

A reporter asked the President how he was going to bridge the divide between rich and poor. Bush went on for a few minutes but the real answer was: I'm going to do nothing. I'm going to keep spurring on the economy (e.g. giving tax breaks to the rich), keep signing bills like No Child Left Behind (underfunded with mixed results), and I'm going to keep funding faith-based initiatives (blur the separation between church and state). He also mentioned the ownership society idea, but come on. Imagine a person on welfare, struggling to make ends meet, how is it feasible for that person to buy a home? Bush doesn't have any real solutions for the problem of poverty. Heck, he doesn't even have any good rhetoric, just the same unsatisfying answers he used during the election. I feel sad for this country. Really, I do. It's not even that I disagree with conservative values, which I do, but Bush just seems so unqualified to be President and he seems to be making one foolish decision after another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home