Friday, March 01, 2002

Every day it gets easier to leave the house. Maybe it's the weather- it's almost spring. I can get up every day and go to school and not panic about whether I can cope with all those normal hassles- other students acting like a-holes, parking problems, homework, what to eat, when to eat, studying, starting conversations with people, spending money, etc., etc. etc.
My sister is wearing a hood today. I always think she looks like the Unabomber when she wears it. Meanwhile, she sits in front of the TV watching a movie on HBO she's already seen. I haven't heard her laugh once. The phone hasn't rung for her today.
My mom went to see John Q with her friend Brian. She invited me to go with her but I said no because I already have plans with my dad. Even if I didn't already have plans, I probably wouldn't go. If I did go, it would be perpetuating the cycle of dependence that I have with my mother. She chooses the movie, she pays for the ticket, I might as well be a bump on a log. Basically, I would be three undesirable things if I went: a parasite, a freeloader, and a third wheel.
Andrea grabs a Ferrer Rocher chocolate candy. Those things are delicious- delicious in a creamy, luxurious, indulgent way, unlike pizza, which is delicious in a delightfully slobby, piggish way. She doesn't think about the contents of the candy, while I, on the other hand, would obsess over them as if it made all the difference in the world. Chocolate, hazelnuts, FAT, milk, sugar.
I think Andrea wants to use the computer. She is going through social withdrawal and she needs a fix. Ha Ha. At least she has a social life. Interaction via computer- its the safest, most sanitary way of getting the job done. All is easily retracted with a stroke of the delete key. No germs exchanged. Even better if you're writing a weblog that nobody reads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home