So I was born today, 21 years ago, and I finally have all the rights and privileges of adulthood. Funny how I spent the day renewing a book about salt at the university library and going out to eat at Chili's, probably the most faux cool restaurant in El Paso. I don't have much to say these days. I spent about two hours listening to my mom and sisters argue about road trips and church weddings. I ordered the Molten Chocolate Cake, the most delicious desert on the planet, with four spoons so we all could share. My life seems to have slowed to a snail's pace- I take a nap every afternoon, whether I want to or not, it is an involuntary reaction to the heat and the boredom.
While I was driving to the library I imagined myself crashing into another car and dying. The newspaper article would focus on the tragic irony of me being on the cusp of adulthood and dying before my time. Fortunately that did not happen.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home