Thursday, June 12, 2003

I am taking the night off. I put in a somewhat full day at school- I didn't get home until 5. The research thing is done, it will be sent off tomorrow to be read and scrutinized until August when we will get a decision on whether we will be funded. I wrote a little blurb about myself for the project describing my qualifications, and it was strange. In previous versions of my resume, I've felt like everything I've written is an exaggeration, that I'm just pretending that I have experience and I know these languages and I'm proficient in Word. But I didn't feel that way this time- this time I really have worked with those languages, going on three years now, I worked with Word a whole lot last year, I wrote some specifications, and I've done reasonably well in my classes. I'm almost finished, I'm 18 hours shy of a degree. Well, it looks good on paper anyway, whereas my resume looked pretty empty before.
In high school, music and movies and TV were important to me. Now I watch dramas on TV for a cheap laugh once in a while, I see all the plot holes and remind myself of how fake and elitist they all are, but at that time I could really get into them. I remember watching the first episode of Dawson's Creek and how moving it was to me. Felicity, My So-Called Life, thirtysomething, Once and Again, all those shows really made an impact on me. They made me feel as we were all united in the experience of adolescence, that it was an important time and we were important people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home