I keep finding new ways to humiliate myself. This is like the third time this week that I've started talking about something and then got asked a question and totally blanked out about it. Today it was about my thesis topic, something I've been working on for three months, and I couldn't answer a simple question about it. I had done OK talking for like ten minutes, I get near the end, this prof asks me a question, one he probably thinks is easy for me because it is the heart and soul of my thesis project, and I sit there, silent and flustered, for a minute or so. I literally run my hands through my hair, I hem and haw, I pray for someone to rescue me. Then the answer finally comes to me, with perfect clarity and I start talking like it was obvious all along. It's as if I were a computer and the data is there, but it's on the disk drive, so it takes me what seems like an eternity to fetch it. This keeps happening to me, I'm beginning to think that something is seriously wrong with me.

1 Comments:
happens to me all the time. I always blank on the questions that should be easy. Not that I am all that worried about being a bit absent minded, but it always seems to be in situations that make me look the most incompetant. At least you can recover from yours and eventually come up with the right answer.
Post a Comment
<< Home