Monday, November 07, 2005

Let me tell you a hilarious story about how the gas company accidentally switched off the gas because of a mix-up during the move. How did I discover this? I was baking cookies on Saturday for my dad's birthday. I had turned on the oven but it wasn't warming up like it should have and my cookies weren't baking. At first we thought the pilot light went out, but on further inspection we found that the stove didn't work, either. Mom calls the gas company. It turns out that the gas had been shut off on Friday due to some kind of mix-up and they won't come out to turn the gas back on until Monday since it's not an emergency.

Needless to say, my dad didn't get his cookies. I got him movie passes instead, best gift I could think of on such short notice. And here I sit, awake bright and early, waiting for the gas company to turn the gas back on. Dirty since I haven't showered in two days since there is no hot water. With no clean clothes since we have a gas clothes dryer. Thankfully it is not very cold, but of course the heater isn't working either. Well, at least the computer is working, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home