Thursday, May 04, 2006

I spent an hour today making a pie chart of ice cream flavors. It's kind of amazing how many of the features of Microsoft Word I learned during school. Drawing, templates, all kinds of formatting, charts, graphs. And now I use almost none of that save doing favors for my mom such as making pie charts for her homework.

Tomorrow I hop on a plane and head to Iowa. It's going to be a long flight. I'm looking forward to it, though. I love plane rides- the take-off, the views of the clouds, the excitement of going to a new place. Also the little amenities like the soft drinks and snacks and reading those airline magazines. A few times I've taken my portable CD player to listen to on a long flight but I never do. The plane is too noisy, you have to turn up the volume too much. Besides, I kind of like to just sit and read and absorb what's going on around me.

Sometimes I just want to sit and introspect enough so that I can figure myself out enough to know what I've been doing wrong all these years. And then change it. Like there's some magical answer as to why things are messed up in my life. Like shyness. Shyness is a weird problem to have, it's not easy to conquer. But there *are* things I could/should be doing differently. A few years ago, I set a goal for myself, that in six months I would befriend someone and invite them out to do something. And then I actually did it. It wasn't that successful, I mean, I ended up going to the mall with this person once and then never doing anything else with her ever again. But I did it. Making goals like that is kind of dicey, since it depends on both you and on another person and if it's not the right circumstances then you shouldn't force it. But still, maybe I should make more goals like that. Maybe then I'd make some progress with this issue in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home