Friday, March 01, 2002

I passed my English literature professor on the way to my car today. Coincidentally, I had just thought about him and his class a few days before. He is the type of man I would like to marry one day. Smart but not too intellectual. Sensitive (come on, he's an English professor), unassuming, insightful. He's attractive, too. He smiles a lot. He's well-dressed. His pale brown hair is often tousled in a delightfully boyish way. Plus I loved his lectures. They were full of pop psychology (I'm ok, you're ok) and relationship advice gleaned from English literature. It sounded like he had actually been in a few relationships and knew what he was talking about. Some of my science and math professors look as if they have never seen a woman before, or got married to an ugly woman just to to have someone to give birth to and bring up their children. Anyway, I was happy that he actually remembered me from his class and said "Hello, how are you?" as I passed by. I was also embarrassed that I was such a mess when I took his class. I hope I will be able to marry someone like Dr. Ruiter one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home