Sunday, January 26, 2003

It's so late and thanks to last night's rude awakening at 4 AM my sleeping pattern is all messed up. I know I'm being ridiculously self-indulgent, but there is crap on my mind. Like how I watch so much TV it is ridiculous. I know that this time will pass and soon I may be swamped with work. In fact I could be doing work right now, I just don't want to since I'm bleary-eyed and a little tired and I just want to sort stuff out for good. I can't plan out how my life is going to turn out, I just have to leave it in God's hands. What is His will? That's all I can do. That is what I pray for.
I got an e-mail from my sister from freezing cold Iowa. And here I am in my swelteringly hot bedroom at midnight, sweating and turning down the thermostat. I am lucky.
I started watching City of Angels but quickly remembered why I don't really like that movie. Nicholas Cage is so boring. So he's an angel, but can't angels smile once in a while, or at least not look like a mannequin for most of the movie? And then she has to die at the end, of course, in this stupid accident.
Maybe I should look for another job. I need something to do. Something, anything, that is more interesting than this.
My car is busted. Not totally, just that the steering is kind of off. Every time I turn it makes this weird noise, and sometimes it makes this long noise that sounds like a rusty gate, and that really scares me. Even so I think I'll wait until the summer to actually do something about it, if I can wait that long.
I saw this book at the library the other day- Conversations with God. Who would write a book like that- do they actually talk to God? That seems really weird to me. I believe in prayer, but still something about that book seems not right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home