Monday, February 24, 2003

My tragic life, oh how tragic it is. I watched some of the Grammys last night, but I turned it off at 10 because I felt tired. I got kind of tired of seeing Norah Jones go up to the stage. I guess I am disillusioned with the whole music industry. First of all, there's all that stuff with Kazaa. I'm all for Kazaa- or at least I think that "radio music" should be free to download. It's not as if no one buys CDs anymore, anyway. So the recording industry is suing Kazaa basically because of greed.
Second, I think that mainstream radio is just that. It is so boring, it is controlled by a select few, and marketed to slick perfection. Radio stations are franchises which always play it safe- they never include local bands in their playlists, or play anything really new or different.
Third, for every person or group that does make it in "the industry", there are a lot of bands with equal talent which never do. A lot of it is based on how good you'll look on MTV and how many teenage girls will buy your records.
So there's my rant on the music industry. I'll stop because by now I'm sounding cranky and annoyed, which I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home