Thursday, February 20, 2003

While Mom and I were watching Survivor, my sister comes in with the phone. "Mom, it's Ji-im," she says teasingly. Even though it was the most exciting part of Survivor, the part where someone gets voted off, she goes off anyway. Meanwhile, I'm dying to know who Jim is. So I ask, and my sister says Mom joined a dating service. I think this is surprising, but I'm not against it. Here's the bizarre part: my dad joined the same dating service two years ago and he met his current girlfriend through it. And they told my mom! And she told my sister, who didn't know my dad was living with this woman.
So what's the strangest part here? That my divorced parents joined the same dating service? That my dad has been dating this woman for two years and we see him every single weekend, and my sister doesn't even know who she is, and my dad has mentioned her to me exactly once? That Jim, who boasts in his ad that he has a blue Corvette and a $300,000 house, wants to date my mom?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home