So I went to my first counseling session today. The therapist was very nice. She looked a little bit like my grandma, and she said I looked 'scholarly.' Why- because I wear glasses and I don't wear makeup? Or because of the way I talk? All of that, I guess. Then she gave me a list of books to buy. I think she has a whole catalog of self-help books, from ADD to Schizophrenia. I don't know if I'm going to buy any of them, but I did make another appointment for next week.
I stayed in bed until 7:15 today. I've got to get up earlier. I have too much to do now. Maybe I'd feel better if I got some exercise in the morning. I haven't gotten much done today, even though I don't have classes in the afternoon or evening. The list of tasks seems endless: write a circuit simulation program, write two assembler programs. Write two use cases. Finish database homework. Research a report. Do volunteer work. The list goes on and on, but I like the fact that most of my work can be done on my home computer ( not the volunteer work, unfortunately). One of my professors was talking about how doing homework is so much easier now because we have the world wide web available. He's right. I don't give it much thought, but anything you don't understand or want to know more about, you can just type it in and there it is. Before the web I guess you would just spend a lot of time in the library. Using the card catalog! Now the library uses those cards as scratch paper. That's progress.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home