I am so angry right now I could scream. I think I will scream. AHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I stayed up past midnight yesterday working on my Comp Arch assignment. It was due yesterday, with today being the grace period. I nearly finished around 4, so I headed to the lab to send it off. When I got to the lab, the files that I had supposedly saved on my disk were all erased. Every last one of them, even the ones I downloaded from the Internet. Now all I have are some Scheme programs I wrote two years ago! I am an idiot. Lessons to be got from this awful experience: 1) start doing the assignment earlier, 2) don't overcommit yourself, 3) always, always, always have a backup copy. Maybe if I hadn't spent all afternoon with my grandparents this would not have happened, or if I hadn't spent all day yesterday volunteering for the expo and then all night hanging out with my mom. Even if I had all the files, the assignment was still kind of a mess as of 5 pm this afternoon. I should get organized. I have paper coming out of my ears, I don't even have good disks, which is why I'm using 2-year-old busted up floppies, and I wasted a whole bunch of time this week on crap. Why do I always do this to myself? This happens to me quite frequently: I wait to the absolute last minute to do things. Why can't I be one of those organized people? I have no chance of finishing this before 8, so I'm just going to wait a few hours and see if I can possibly bring myself to spend yet more hours programming stupid assembler language. Right now my brain is toasted and I'm really angry at myself for being such a flake. Why can't I ever do anything exceptionally well? I always end up turning in a shabby final product. Like this one will be a day late no matter how good it is, and trust me it won't be perfect. I am disappointed- I thought I was finally getting to be somewhat good at assembler, and now this crap happens to me so it is worth nothing. I'm going to spend all night figuring out problems I knew the answer to just a few hours ago. I can't stand this.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home