Saturday, March 01, 2003

I went to the library today to print out an article off the Internet. The computer's name was Bam-Bam, like from the Flintstones. "Yeah," I said to the girl at the counter, "I'd like to print Bam-Bam." The name is funny to say. Those two syllables have not come from my mouth in succession for about 15 years.
After I had printed out that extremely interesting article about DSP processing, I went to the browsing section of the library just as an afterthought. Maybe I'll find something interesting, I thought. Lo and behold, I found not one but two books I have been wanting to read for a long time, shelved within inches of each other. I felt like I had found a buried treasure or something, it was that fulfilling. I grabbed the two books and checked them out. I walked back to my apartment clutching them protectively in my hands. I couldn't wait to absorb their contents, to immerse myself in the wonderful, probably life-changing ideas contained within those pages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home