So here we go, another week, the earth keeps on spinning, I'm getting closer to the end of the semester and closer to finishing school. I went to a career fair yesterday and there were a few engineering/IT companies there. I passed out my resume but they weren't hiring any new grads anyway. I have a feeling that the choices are going to be difficult, and I'm going to have to decide whether I really want to stay here or not. I would probably have an easier time getting a job somewhere else.
My dreams of becoming a writer are evaporating- dreams, poof, gone- and soon I'm going to be just another worker bee, a corporate drone. At some level I want that, just to make a nice income and have benefits, stop depending on my parents, work an 8-hour day and go home and relax in front of the TV and have fun on the weekend. Yet.....well, I guess I always thought I would be different, that I would want something more and do something great and important and all-consuming, but I still haven't figured out what that thing is yet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home