Thursday, June 19, 2003

Hey, what's up everyone? I am tired even though l didn't get much done during the day. Mostly I did my laundry and the dishes, watched Oprah, and worried about the GRE. It is on Saturday and I am so nervous. I'm still not sure about grad school- some bad GRE scores could kill that idea.
Mom threw a party for my aunt yesterday. It was her first party in a while, and because I know my mom's ways I stayed out of the house until 3 pm. She is like a madwoman when it comes to party preparations, and this time was no exception. She gave me tasks to complete as soon as I walked through the door. I fetched ice from 7-11, made a decorative display out of different-colored olives, and arranged croissants in a basket, among other things.
I've been absorbed in Living History, Hillary Clinton's autobiography. I try to take everything with a grain of salt because I know that this is not exactly a bare-your-soul bio. Still, it is compelling to me because I can see myself and my parents in it at times. Besides that, I grew up during the "Clinton era." In junior high and high school I read a lot about all the scandals, and I went to a Christian school where people seemed to personally hate the President and First Lady. Looking back, it all seems pretty stupid. How can you say things like that about someone you don't even know? Sure, disagree with the politics, but don't trash the person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home