Hey people. It's Sunday afternoon. It's really hot. Far from my usual activity of napping on such an afternoon, I spent the past five hours writing more ASP code. In three short days I have gone from knowing next to nothing about ASP to becoming a virtual expert on it. That is the wonder of the Internet.
I was invited to a classmate's home to work on this project. This guy is maybe seven years older than me. It kind of threw me for a loop when I realized that he owned an actual house, not like most people I know in college who live 1) at home with parents, 2) in a dorm, or 3) in a crappy apartment. It was weird, I walked in the door and thought, this is my future. Get a job, get married, start making payments on a house. This is what I have to look forward to after I graduate, the rewards of a stable income.
This has been on my mind a lot lately. Very soon I'm going to go from mapping out a degree plan to mapping out my life. Scary. It really freaks me out is when I hear about people who are the same age as me having kids. Britney Spears, anyone? I still think of myself as a kid, light years away from the responsibilities of a family, and yet I am closer to that phase of adulthood than I am to being a child. It's scary but also kind of exciting to think of what I'll do next, that my life is mine and I can do whatever I want with it, whether that's buying a house or starting or career or whatever.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home