Day off work. Watched American Idol and Lost season finales, also game one of Dallas-Phoenix in NBA playoffs. I think I need to re-watch Lost since I missed a lot of the important parts. But it was a really interesting episode from what I did see.
I'm looking at my life and thinking it is sooo boring and I need to make some changes. Probably not so good to watch six hours of TV a day and call it a life. Too much screen time. Thinking about the future, it's just hard to know what to do. What should I do job-wise? And in my personal life, well, I need to make changes there, too. I wrote this whole thing about living at home and how it's so stifling, but, really, I need to find ways to make it not so and not just blame it on that. I need to get out more. Maybe I'll finally join that church Bible study, maybe take a class or something. Try to find like-minded individuals. Try to start conversations. I haven't been trying. What might my life look like if I really valued relationships enough to seek them out? Here it is another year gone by and I still have no friends to celebrate my birthday with. That's just really sad and I think about it and am like, well, it's going to be like this year after year after year unless I try to change it and that is really sobering.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home