I haven't posted in a while. Today I'm feeling a little depressed. This week has been strange- people have been inviting me to go places and do things with them. That's great, but being around people my own age sometimes makes me feel inadequate. Everyone seems to have a bunch of friends and lovers and excitement. I'm more of a loner, and the difference between me and them is that I would rather read a book than go to a party and instead of beer I drink milk. But there's something exciting about actually having something to do with someone, and having another person look at you and your qualities and say, yeah, you're ok, I like you and it would be fun to hang out with you.
I took a test today in matrix algebra. It was easy, easy, easy. School bores me sometimes.
I want to change myself. I want to make myself better a little at a time. I want to shape an object with my own two hands and have the world take notice.
Eibsee from Grinnell College- she is like a person from a cooler world, a world where people like to study, and where they have the time to ponder life's great mysteries and talk about them in a commune-like environment. Before her, I had never met a person my own age who listened to NPR.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home