Saturday, June 28, 2003

Old School is probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It was disgusting and I didn't even think it was funny. I was expecting a laugh a minute comedy, but my mom and I laughed about three times an hour into the movie, then we turned it off. Oh well.
The Hours, on the other hand, was probably one of the best movies I've seen. The acting was great, the story was great, and the women's anxiety was something I could really relate to. I didn't find it overly stuffy or self-important, which was what I read about this movie in the reviews.
So I am going to spend this evening writing my article for the newspaper. It is not too bad of a story, but I am getting kind of disillusioned with writing articles that will never see the light of day. I am put out by the way the "veterans" of the paper automatically get all the big news stories, so I get a lesser story that inevitably gets cut from an 8-page paper. I still get paid even if my story gets cut, but I really want to see my stories in print.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home