Happy almost-New Year's, Internet. It has been a rather depressing one, as I had to go to work then come home to an empty house. I almost wanted to stay at work until midnight just to ring in the new year with other human beings instead of with the dog and CNN. Oh well. I wonder how many chocolate bars I will have to consume in order to make myself feel a little better. I have five. Five will do it, I think.
I'm kind of beyond caring, what with the sucky birthday and working Christmas and all. Truth is, I shouldn't complain. I have every reason in the world to be grateful: I am healthy, I live in a nice middle-class home, I have a car, I have an education, I have a job that I enjoy about 80 percent of the time. I have a supportive family, I live in a safe city/neighborhood. I do A LOT of complaining on this blog, but I suppose it's all in the way you look at it. Half-full/half-empty, you know. Compared to a lot of people, I live a pretty good life. One more holiday alone is not going to kill me. I signed up for this when I took the job, so here I am sucking it up one more time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home