Friday, March 15, 2002

It has been a strange three days. I went on an absolute food binge. I think I consumed a pound of chocolate on each of the three days of the binge. I hadn't eaten a candy bar in nearly a year before. I also had a bag of chips. Chocolate and corn chips. They were certainly good. Fattening, greasy, salty, with absolutely no nutritive value. I think I put on at least a couple of pounds for the huge amount I consumed. The strange thing is, even though it was fun for awhile, I think I like myself better when I take time to ponder what I eat and make sure that it is natural and healthy.
Chocolate. What a joy. Now I know why some people eat chocolate to cure depression. It soothes the mind.
This morning I got up at 4:30 a.m. and turned on the computer. I started playing Alchemy. I played for about an hour. It was really fun. Then I went jogging (to work off some of the three tamales I consumed before I went to bed, I suppose).
The strange thing is, what I considered a food binge, my mom and sisters consider almost normal consumption. My sister had an entire personal pizza then went on to consume three tamales plus a salad with a huge amount of dressing. Same with my mom. Three tamales plus a couple of chocolates and an oatmeal cream pie. And they think I'm the one in trouble with weight problems. If anything, they are the ones who are going to die early. Of congestive heart failure probably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home