Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Another Monday. I don't know why I'm so bummed out about my job as of late. I guess it is that I am bored with it. I've pretty near mastered it. And I guess it's OK for awhile to have a job that doesn't really challenge you, if you can stand it, but I can't help thinking, what's my next move? I don't really see myself getting another job there, in another department. It would be a long, hard road, to try to work my way up.

I just feel in my own little world. I go to work, say practically nothing to my co-workers/bosses, do my work in silence, feel bored, answer the phone once in a while, and that's about it. Same thing every night, pretty much. I get out late at night and it doesn't feel real to me. It feels like a dream, from the time I get to work to the time I get home.

I suppose that this is not a great way to live. Not really healthy to work nights and sleep until noon, not good to be so shut off from everything, not good to not at least try to talk to people at work. Not great to work at a job that I could do in my sleep that requires little in the way of creativity.

Maybe I should try joining some kind of club or group, or take a class or something. Find a creative outlet outside of work, you know. But I am pretty lazy and don't know if I want to make the effort. So much easier to watch TV than to drive somewhere and pay money and sacrifice one of my nights off. I should do that, but probably won't.

I guess I am just frustrated right now. I'm way overthinking this, as usual. I don't really have a reason to be annoyed at my job other than just being bored with it and wanting to try something else. The people are OK, I'm used to the hours by now, it's a cool place to work and all, it's fairly interesting even if it is boring at times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home