Monday. Nervous mood. I'm watching Neil Young on Conan. My sister is Conan's biggest fan, so I've been watching him a lot lately.
Today's accomplishments: I did laundry, cleaned the bathroom, bought a thermometer and Gatorade for my sick sister, and took my car to Pep Boys to get the tires aligned and balanced. The car doesn't shimmy and pull when I drive it anymore, so that's good. Finally a productive day.
Lately I've been watching Oprah's 20th Anniversary DVD. It's pretty interesting, 20 years of interviews and of being able to do some really phenomenal and generous things. Giving away cars and donating to charity and educating people. It's pretty cool what you can do with a talk show.
I had this thought about writing. You try to find words to express a concept, but what if they are not the right words or the best words? It's an inexact science. Sometimes words don't even exist to describe your concept, or they do but you don't know them. There are always different ways to say the same thing, with some better than others, but maybe in the end the actual words don't even matter, there's just the thought, and if you can get it across you've succeeded.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home