Tuesday. Last night I got lost on my way home from work. The freeway was closed so I went looking for the "back way". I ended up going up Scenic Drive, a road that snakes right along the side of a mountain. Driving on Scenic Drive at night was extremely scary for me. It curves all over the place and you are so high above the city, I was scared I was going to drive right over the side of the mountain. I was so scared that by the time I got off that road onto a flatter one I realized I had been clenching part the side of my mouth between my teeth and a tiny strip of my mouth was numb. I hate driving at night, it freaks me out and it's too bad that my job is at night. Food for thought concerning my current job situation.
My sis is out of town for a week, my other sister is here but soon to be gone job-hunting in D.C. I am going to miss my sister enormously, but I have to be honest and say I will be sort of glad to have my computer back. We need Wi-Fi in this house. Get ourselves a few laptops and we'll all be one big happy family.
I was watching Oprah yesterday, again, and they had this guy named Rabbi Shmuley on. For some reason, I really liked what he had to say. One of the families on the show about dysfunctional families looked a little bit like my family. It's too late to fix our family now. But I've seen my sisters talk to my mom like she is nothing and I can't stand that. Not acceptable at any age, I would say. The mom in that family said it's like each member of our family is going in a different direction. So, so true about our family, even in our younger days. And it seems our answer to discipline and chores is, basically, do what you want and keep quiet and Mom will do all the chores so she doesn't have to nag you. Once in a while she'll nag, but even if it becomes a big issue she will usually be the one to back down. Whatever, though, no family is perfect and like I said it's too late now to fix that stuff, now the solution will be for each of us to live apart and not have to deal with each other again as members of the same household.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home