I'm feeling slightly better today. I talked to my mom about the stuff I wrote about yesterday. I don't know, I kind of think I made a hasty decision. I checked out the class website for one of the classes I dropped, and it seemed really interesting, something I'd enjoy and learn a lot from. So tentatively I'm back in, that is, if I can add it back to the schedule on Monday. It will be a tough schedule for awhile but I think I can handle it. It has been sooo long since I've felt busy. Maybe this is something I need to do, to test myself, to push myself a little harder. It's just weird, that before grad school I felt like I had an identity outside this family, now I feel more like I am tethered to the house like I wasn't before. I used to have a pretty busy life, now it seems like I have more free time than I know what to do with. I know I'm in the minority here, most people with jobs work long, long hours and wish they had more free time. I don't want to be a taskmaster with my time, but come on, I've spent 8 months basically watching TV and reading books and staying home when I'm not working. Maybe it's about time I try something new and quit being so lazy, even if it means I won't be home quite as much I used to. Maybe it's time I quit being afraid and put myself out there in the world a little more.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home