Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Something cool I discovered: lemon-scented paper towels. Don't really see the point of scented paper towels, but it is nice to know they exist.

Didn't accomplish much today. I went to the bank. I made tomato and cheese sandwiches. The end. On the agenda for this week, I have some things to take care of at school, I have to get my car's wheels aligned and the inspection sticker updated. I have library books to turn in. That's about all, actually.

Did anyone see Lost tonight? It was a great episode. I love that series. It is still good in Season 2, which surprises me.

I can't believe I bought "A Million Little Pieces" and found it so affecting at the time I read it. Now I'm looking back and thinking, do I have the word gullible written on my forehead? Apparently, it is full of exaggerations. I thought there was something kind of weird about James Frey on Oprah. Like he seemed like he could be a con artist. Is the dentist scene true? I doubt it. How could you survive that without passing out? I read a lot of nonfiction and I suppose that is the problem with it: you're trying to make sense of real events, you're trying to make a story out of real events that often have no rhyme or reason. An author has to take a certain view of events and there's no way of knowing if that is an accurate picture of what really happened. In this case, the facts were in some places outright falsified, which is wrong and which is different from remembering things wrong or deliberately leaving things out, but I guess in any nonfiction you take the author's word at face value and don't really question it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home