Thursday, January 19, 2006

Thursday. Stress level is up. My sisters are off to college. Makes me pretty sad. I'm going to miss them. The good news is that I now have total control of the computer and TV. And peace and quiet and solitude, something I've missed.

After some waffling, I have decided to go to that career fair thing-y today. If nothing else, it will at least give me some idea of what jobs are out there. I can put on a brave face. I know if it doesn't interest me I don't have to pursue it. It's not good for me to hide in the house all day, might as well see what this is about.

And tomorrow is thesis defense, part II. The faculty is making me give my defense presentation again because I neglected to advertise it the first time. Needless to say, this is not something I really want to do. In fact, it is fairly humiliating. I have a feeling they are going to ask me some tough questions. I'd better be prepared. But once I get through this I will be home free. Never have to worry about it again. I can't wait until that chapter of my life is shut for good. Until then I am having 24 hours of panic, fear, and trepidation.

I'm reading Bridget Jones's Diary. Is that not how every single woman thinks? Embarrassing to admit how much I relate. Especially the weight/food intake recordings. Yes, I do that. Yes, I'm shallow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home